You have to be on the web page (cannot be done through the eBird app).
First, I show you the preliminary steps to get to your checklist.
Then I show you how to edit the numbers for the species in your checklist.
Preliminary steps: getting to your checklist1. Get to the eBird website:
Method 1: to get to the checklist via link:
click on the link in the email I sent
you about the checklist
|follow the link in the email I sent you|
You may have to Sign In as shown below:
If the page shown below pops up, you will have to enter your User Name and Password
|Sign In or follow the links and instructions by clicking "Forgot User Name?" or "Forgot Password?"|
Aside: If you have forgotten your user name and / or password:
use the links below the buttons "Sign In" and "Cancel" to
reset your password.
DO NOT CREATE a NEW ACCOUNT until you have exhausted
all means to regain access to your existing account. Accounts
cannot be deleted - so multiple accounts can get messy.
If in doubt, email me to find your user name and the email address
you used to create your eBird account.
Method 2: to get to your checklist via the eBird home page -
through your internet browser:
Step 1: Open your browser
Step 2: get to eBird
- Start typing in "ebird" in the top box of your browser
- you may get suggestions - so choose eBird.org
- or completely type "ebird.org" and hit "enter"
|Searching for eBird - what it looks like|
Step 3: Get to "My eBird"
- the above step will get you to eBird as shown below. (maybe the US portal or maybe the Canadian portal - it doesn't matter. FYI eBird has several portals around the world, in different languages. You can access eBird through any of them - in that language)
- next, you have to get to your own data - called "My eBird"
- click on "My eBird" - one of the tabs in the olive green near the top
|From this eBird home page: Click on "My eBird"|
You may have to sign in - see above.
Step 4: Once signed in, you will see the screen below:
- On the sidebar to the right: click on "Manage My Checklists"
|click on "Manage My Checklists"|
Step 5: That will take you to THE FIRST PAGE of a list of all your checklists, as shown below
IGNORE the words at the top left in the white box: "My Shared Checklists" - this is for showing you checklists that OTHERS have shared WITH you.
Find the checklist you want to edit:
Method 1: scroll down the page - looking for date and location
- then click on "View or edit" over on the right
IF you have a lot of checklists, you will have to use the page navigation tools found at the top right, inside the white box, as shown below. After finding the checklist, click on "View or edit" over on the right
Editing your checklistLook on the right side - inside the white box.
From here, you can:
"Edit Date and Effort"
"Edit Species List" - edit the numbers, and other things
"Remove Species" - easily remove the species from the checklist
|Click on "Edit Species List" to change the numbers|
Click on "Edit Species List" - the screen will change to show boxes on the left with the numbers you entered
- click inside the box (the one that is to the left of the species name)
- select and delete the existing number
- enter the correct number
- SAVE - by clicking on the green box at the bottom left - inside the blue side panel
|Change the numbers, then Save|
Hope this was helpful!
PS. You can browse through all your checklists, after you've hit "Save".
If you are looking at a single checklist: see the buttons on the top right? "Older" and "Newer"!